What is Respite Care and why is it beneficial?
Respite care provides short term relief for caregivers. Loved ones reside with our community for short stays, that can range anywhere from a few hours a day, overnight stays, or stays for weeks.
These services are ideal for seniors when families travel out of town or simply need a break from any stresses that may arise from caregiving. They can also be a good resource for those considering senior living and want to “try it out” before making a long-term commitment. Short-term stays allow residents to enjoy housekeeping services, community activities, dining, and all other amenities enjoyed by our all of our residents. In addition to the benefits of personal care, our short-term residents often cultivate relationships.
At FAMILY EXTENDED CARE OF ALBANY, we understand that there are a variety of reasons that make respite stays necessary, in a place that offers personal care and a warm, welcoming environment. We treat our residents visiting on respite care with the same compassion and commitment to service that we offer to all of our residents.
You may consider respite care services for the following reasons, but not limited to:
- Family caregivers need a break or have travel plans
- Seniors need supervised attention on a short-term basis
- Seniors considering assisted living setting, may want to try out the experience for themselves, prior to making a permanent commitment
We begin each stay with an evaluation to create an individualized care plan for your loved one. Our care includes nursing observation, assistance with activities of daily living (like dressing and bathing), medication management, scheduled transportation and much more.
We offer a variety of healthy dining options overseen by our registered dietician, and includes three meals a day and nutritious snacks.
We provide a range of engaging and individualized activities that bring our residents and staff together.
- Private apartments with personal alert systems in case of emergencies
- Nutritious meals available in the dining room or with room service, with accommodations for special dietary requirements or preferences.
- Scheduled transportation for local appointments, errands and outings
- A social calendar with daily opportunities for learning, creativity, fitness and recreation
- Daily housekeeping and linen services
- 24-hour staff
Day Care Services
Our community also offers adult day care programs for seniors who need supervision and stimulation during the day while their primary caregiver is at work or otherwise occupied during daytime hours. Instead of staying at home alone, seniors can come to the our community and enjoy social interaction and recreational activities in a safe and supportive environment.